We previously showed you how to download Swype on the Nokia N8 as it was available for the Nokia C7 but for some reason was not ready for the Nokia N8. Well, now you can hit the Ovi Store icon on you Nokia N8 and you’ll find Swype available to download. Alternatively check out our Symbian^3 Applications page and grab your copy there.
If you’re not familiar with Swype, it basically provides a faster and easier way to input text on your phone by using an innovative new method of one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard through the letters of the word you want. We highly recommend trying it out if you haven’t already, especially with the Nokia N8 as the current keyboard isn’t exactly ideal.
Lady Geek TV Episode 4 | Go Shop With Grazia Magazine
Today we have a special episode for the not so geeky ladies out there as the lovely Debs gets fashion advice from none other than the Editor of Grazia Daily, Angela Buttolph. The app on hand is Go Shop which provides you with an up-to-date directory of all the shops around you and helps you navigate through them by giving you lists and reviews. Hit the jump to see episode four.
Pixelpipe Share Online v1.03 Released
Pixelpipe has officially released Share Online v1.03 with some cracking new features. If you’re not already aware, Pixelpipe is a content distribution gateway that allows users to share content once and distribute to over 100 social networks, photo/video sites, blogs, and online storage clouds.With seamless integration with most applications supporting the Nokia ‘Send’ menu, Pixelpipe Share Online offers a unrivalled sharing experience, and is available to download for S60v3 FP2, S60v5 and Symbian^3 devices after the break.
New In Pixelpipe Share Online v1.03:
- New enhanced UI for handsets with Qt installed.
- Option for prompted uploads after capture of photos & video.
- Ability to set scaling factor for photos at the time of upload or as a default value.
- Option for automatic ‘zero click’ uploading of new photos & videos after capture.
- Automatic prompting for over-the-air application updates
You can download Pixelpipe Share Online v1.03 for S60 3rd Edition FP2, S60 5th Edition and Symbian^3 devices using the link below.
New Custom Firmware H2O For The Nokia N8 (inc. Changelog) | Brings Many Great Features
H2O is a new Custom Firmware for the Nokia N8 based on Firmware v11. Thanks to the awesome work of faenil of i8910tuning.com, Nokia N8 users can enjoy some great new features including full system file access, faster navigation, faster music library load time, higher voice recorder quality, the use of the dialer in landscape, additional blacklist folders in gallery to remove random system icons from you images, as well as the ability to record videos with continuous autofocus and at 30 fps. These are just some of the new features included in this custom update, hit the jump for the full changelog and download links.
H2O Custom Firmware Changelog
- Hacked InstallServer.
- Full System Dir Access File Browser.
- More CPU time to alfappserver.exe.
- Theme Effects complexity reduced to speed up system.
- Music harvester will now only look in E:\\MUSIC\\|F:\\MUSIC\\ to speed up library refresh. NOTE: you have to create the MUSIC folder manually.
- Doubled MPX heap size.
- You can now use the dialer in landscape mode.
- Media Player’s percentage of max volume raised from 40% to 60%.
- WLAN wizard icon unlocked in menu.
- HTTP cache set to Infinite and moved to RAM to avoid browser from easy crashes and to speed up navigation.
- Voice Recorder max time set to 5 hrs instead of 1 hr.
- Voice recorder quality set to High by default.
- Voice recorder set to 256 kbps instead of 128 kbps.
- Max data object size set to 4096 bytes.
- Added many folders to the blacklist for Gallery, so that you won’t see software icons and stuff like that in gallery
- Added shutdown animation and sounds.
- You can change Startup/Shutdown animations in C:/Anim/ (startup.gif, startup.mp3, shutdown.gif, shutdown.mp3) Note: You have to create the Anim folder manually.
- Removed Default accessory connected notification.
H2O Camera Mod:
- Continuous autofocus. Note: It only works for short distances. Disable it to record videos of far objects.
- Video 30 FPS and bitrate lowered to 9 Mbps for HD videos to allow lag-less video recording. (It will miss frames when going from short to far distance all at once, because the camera changes focus mode, but this is normal).
- Audio quality set to 288 kbps instead of 128 kbps during video recording.
- Picture quality set to 95 instead of 85 (photos will be bigger in size and more definite).
H2O Network Mod:
There is also a NetworkMod.sis package which you can find in C drive. This will set this options as default. (PLEASE NOTE: INSTALL IT RIGHT AFTER FLASHING AND REBOOT)
- Local Network set to ONLY WIFI (it won’t auto connect to 3G anymore).
- Roaming network set to ONLY WIFI (it won’t auto connect to 3G anymore).
- Wifi Auto-Search is DISABLED.
H2O Theme Mod:
The theme is Aurora by BabiNokia, modified for the purpose of H2O. (You’ll notice the H2O app loader in the upper right corner of your open applications).